Skip to content

My DIY “L” stamp needs more.

03.12.2008
tags: ,

L Test 1

So I worked on my L stamp today. First I finished up my base design (I say base because I was not sure if it would need more – it does).

L Design

Then I used the old-fashioned, I-learned-it-in-middle-school, tracing paper technique to transfer my image.

L Transfer

Then I carved it and tested it.

L Test 1

It was a little blah. The stamp ink (as opposed to printing ink) does not lend itself to the graphic effect I would want for this much negative space. I cleaned up my carving and tried printing with just black.

L Test 2

It’s still a little snooze inducing. I need to trim the edges, and I think I may need to add something to the background. I am going to think about it a bit while I go about my day.

This project is really easy and super fun, and I can’t wait to make my own stationery to join the growing ranks of my ridiculously underutilized stationery collection. I will keep you posted.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: