Kicking Off TAD3 Simply
Unfortunately for me TAD3 starts on Superbowl Sunday and I have a cold so the best I had to offer for my first project is 20 earring cards.
I participated in the last Thing-A-Day as a way to start creating again. I dabbled in all sorts of arts and crafts. It ultimately led me to jewelry making, blogging and I now have my own Etsy shop: The Craftarium.
For TAD3 I plan to take on a variety of crafts, much like last year. Some projects I plan to do are:
- Give a makeover to an Ikea clock
- Conquer my fear of Photoshop CS3 by using it for digital collage
- Make at least 1 diorama
- Make Valentine’s Day cards.
In addition, I am taking a jewelry class in which I am learning new techniques so I will be sharing my work on my first ring!
To make my earring cards I:
- used pretty paper to collage 5 blank index cards
- cut the cards into 4 rectangles
- pierced two holes, about an inch apart in the center of the card
- put each earring post through a hole and, voila!
(cross-posted at Lady Lulu’s Braindump Hut & Craftarium.)